Thank you to everyone who has written and called to express support and gratitude for what the library is doing and offering during these uncertain times, changing day-to-day. Thank you also to those of you who have asked questions and made suggestions.
As we come into and through July, it seems like a good time to review what is in place for our library now, and how decisions will be made about how (and when) to proceed.
Updated on June 28:
- Curbside lending is available! Patrons can request library materials through the online catalog, by email, or by phone and then come during a pickup window to get those items.
- Materials can be returned.
- New items are being ordered and processed for checkout.
- Digital programs for kids, teens, and adults are being created and shared.
- Most staff are both teleworking and working some hours in the building.
- Changes are being made (and built) in the library to add safeguards for future library services.
In this time period (as the situation is evolving rapidly), an abundance of caution is being advised. The Board of Trustees is making this guidance a driving factor in making decisions. The library's Strict Social Distancing/Curbside Pickup Implementation Plan is in place now.
The Library Board of Trustees continues to meet at least monthly and the virtual meetings are open to the public. You can always find the virtual meeting access information on the meeting agendas: https://www.strathamnh.gov/node/643/agenda/2020.
Some of the sources that the LIbrary Board of Trustees is following:
- Governor's Office Re-opening Task Force.
- Task Force Guidelines for Libraries.
- NH DHHS COVID-19 Data Summary Dashboard.
- NHPR Explore the Data compilation.
- COVID Tracking Project.
- Local, State and National and health organizations and individuals (Stratham Health Officer, NH DHHS, CDC, Federal Government).
- State officials (Governor, NH DHHS Bureau of Infectious Disease Control).
- State, Regional, and National Library officials and organizations.
- Library Board of Trustees.
- Library employees.
- Our library patrons and residents.
CDC Weekly Updates: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/covidview/index.html
NHDHHS Daily Update: https://www.nh.gov/covid19/news/updates.htm
Governor’s office: https://www.governor.nh.gov/