The IRS Tax filing deadline is April 15, 2020.
If you need to file an extension, follow these instructions (https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc304.html)
Tax Form Display - All forms and instructions that we have received or printed are in the library, across from the main desk.
Call Ahead - You can call 772-4346 to see if we have a particular form or instruction sheet or book. If we don't, we can print them out and have them waiting for you. Please note that we are unable to print out the longer instruction booklets in full.
AARP Tax Aide Volunteers will be at the Wiggin Memorial Library/Stratham this year:
Thursdays from 2/6 - 4/9, 4 pm - 6 pm
ALSO 4 pm - 6 pm on:
Request Forms from the IRS - https://www.irs.gov/uac/forms-and-publications-by-u-s-mail or call 1-800-829-3676
Request Forms from the State of NH - E-mail [email protected] or call 603-230-5001.
Online: Download and fill out forms on your computer, or print and fill out by hand
- Internal Revenue Service Forms & Publications - https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs
- IRS Main Site (includes information, hot topics, tools) - https://www.irs.gov/
State of NH
- Interest & Dividends Tax Forms & Instructions - http://www.revenue.nh.gov/forms/interest-dividends.htm
- Department of Revenue Administration Forms & Instructions - http://www.revenue.nh.gov/forms/index.htm
Ask Questions or Get Assistance
- Federal Help & Resources - https://www.irs.gov/help-resources
- Volunteer Assistance:
- VITA Location Finder - https://irs.treasury.gov/freetaxprep/ The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax help to people who generally make $54,000 or less, persons with disabilities and limited English speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns.
- AARP Tax Aide Location Finder - https://secure.aarp.org/applications/VMISLocator/searchTaxAideLocations.action AARP Tax Aide program offers free tax help for all taxpayers, particularly those who are 60 years of age and older, specializing in questions about pensions and retirement-related issues unique to seniors. Please see above for list of dates AARP Tax Aide volunteers will be here at our library.
- Frequently Asked Questions IRS - https://www.irs.gov/help-resources/tools-faqs/faqs-for-individuals/frequently-asked-tax-questions-answers
- Local IRS Office - 80 Daniel St., Portsmouth NH (appointment required). 603-430-9598. Visit this link to access hours and/or to make an appointment online: https://apps.irs.gov/app/officeLocator/index.jsp?zipCode=03885&radius=10&submit=1
- Internal Revenue Service Phone Numbers (and what to have ready before you call) - https://www.irs.gov/help-resources/telephone-assistance Scroll down to the bottom to see list of phone numbers.
State of NH:
- Central Tax Services - 603-230-5920 Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Frequently Asked Questions - http://www.revenue.nh.gov/faq/index.htm