The IRS Tax filing deadline is April 17, 2018.
IRS News Release: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/2018-tax-filing-season-begins-jan-29-tax-returns-due-april-17-help-available-for-taxpayers
If you need to file an extension, follow these instructions (https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc304.html)
Where can I find tax forms?
Printed Forms & Instructions: The IRS has cut back on the number of forms and instructions they provide to libraries and post offices. Each year, we start to receive forms or instructions in late January; we are not provided with a schedule of when forms and instructions will arrive. The library can print forms for you or short sections of instructions if we don't have them in hard copy. The State of NH doesn't provide us with any forms or instructions but we have some printed out at the library.
Tax Form Display - All forms and instructions that we have received or printed will be in the library, across from the main desk.
Call Ahead - You can call 772-4346 to see if we have a particular form or instruction sheet or book. If we don't, we can print them out and have them waiting for you. Please note that we are unable to print out the longer instruction booklets in full.
Request Forms from the IRS - https://www.irs.gov/uac/forms-and-publications-by-u-s-mail or call 1-800-829-3676
Request Forms from the State of NH - E-mail email@example.com or call 603-230-5001.
Online: Download and fill out forms on your computer, or print and fill out by hand
- Internal Revenue Service Forms & Publications - https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs
- IRS Main Site (includes information, hot topics, tools) - https://www.irs.gov/
State of NH
- Interest & Dividends Tax Forms & Instructions - http://www.revenue.nh.gov/forms/interest-dividends.htm
- Department of Revenue Administration Forms & Instructions - http://www.revenue.nh.gov/forms/index.htm
File Your Taxes
- Federal (IRS) Filing Information - https://www.irs.gov/filing
- Federal Electronic (E-File) Filing Options - https://www.irs.gov/filing/e-file-options
- Federal Mailing Addresses for Forms & Payments (NH) - https://www.irs.gov/uac/new-hampshire-where-to-file-addresses-for-taxpayers-and-tax-professionals
Ask Questions or Get Assistance
- Federal Help & Resources - https://www.irs.gov/help-resources
- Volunteer Assistance:
- VITA Location Finder - https://irs.treasury.gov/freetaxprep/ The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax help to people who generally make $54,000 or less, persons with disabilities and limited English speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns.
- TCE Location Finder - https://secure.aarp.org/applications/VMISLocator/searchTaxAideLocations.action Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) program offers free tax help for all taxpayers, particularly those who are 60 years of age and older, specializing in questions about pensions and retirement-related issues unique to seniors.
- Frequently Asked Questions IRS - https://www.irs.gov/help-resources/tools-faqs/faqs-for-individuals/frequently-asked-tax-questions-answers
- Local IRS Office - 80 Daniel St., Portsmouth NH (appointment required). 603-430-9598. Visit this link to access hours and/or to make an appointment online: https://apps.irs.gov/app/officeLocator/index.jsp?zipCode=03885&radius=10&submit=1
- Internal Revenue Service Phone Numbers (and what to have ready before you call) - https://www.irs.gov/help-resources/telephone-assistance Scroll down to the bottom to see list of phone numbers.
State of NH:
- Central Tax Services - 603-230-5920 Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Frequently Asked Questions - http://www.revenue.nh.gov/faq/index.htm