Word of Mouth Virtual Quarantine Display: A wonderful list of books that our Stratham readers have read and recommended during this stay-at-home time.
Word of Mouth books (in the Library): You can find books that other library readers recommend (Word of Mouth books) by looking for a star on the spine of the book. If you have enjoyed a book, let us know when you return it and we will put a star on the spine. There is an ongoing display of these starred Word of Mouth books in the Friends of the Library Reading Area.
- Take a look at some of the books, movies and music recommended by the WML staff. Comment on the posts and tell us if you like them too!
Library Catalog Reading Lists: there are lists of recommended books for all ages
Look up recommendations you find in our library collections!
- NoveList is an online collection of reading recommendations you can access with your library card. With NoveList you can search for books by genre, explore "Author Read-alikes" to find authors similar to your favorites, find book discussion guides, book lists, and much more.
- A list of the top ten books published each month that librarians across the country love.
- A great resource for book lists, author read-alikes, etc.
- A compilation of author read-alike lists from libraries all over.
- Find the next book in a popular series
Reads-to-Go is a great resource for book groups. It has book discussion kits that libraries throughout New Hampshire can borrow. The kits come with 14 paperback copies, a large print copy, author biographies and discussion questions. Reads-to-Go is a program of the Reference and Adult Services section of the New Hampshire Library Association. Even if you aren't interested in having the library borrow one of these kits for your book group, you will find titles listed here that your book group would like to read.
- Reading Group Guides is another resource for book groups. It has tons of book discussion guides and lists of the best book group picks.
- Find the weekly best sellers in fiction and nonfiction for both print and ebooks.
- Goodreads is a social networking site that focuses on books. You can keep your to-read list, post your book reviews, find out what your friends are reading, and keep up with your favorite authors. It's also a place to find a wide variety of book recommendations and book lists.
- Amazon's editors choose their picks for Best of the Month each month in fiction and nonfiction.
- Amazon's editors offer book group selections in a variety of genres
- The Pen Faulkner Award recognizes the best American fiction.
- The Man Booker Prize recognizes the best novel written by a citizen of the United Kingdom.
- The Women's Prize for Fiction recognizes the best of women's fiction from around the world.
- The Pulitzer Prize recognizes the best in American fiction and non-fiction.
- The National Book Award recognizes the best American fiction and non-fiction.
- The Hugo Award recognizes the best in science fiction and fantasy worldwide.
- The Edgar Award recognizes the best in mystery writing. It is awarded by the Mystery Writers of America.