Friends of Wiggin Memorial Library meet on the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 4 pm September to June (no December meeting).
The Friends of the WML are people who know that any community is a better place to live if it has a first-rate library which serves its needs and interests and who want to have an active role in helping and promoting their library.
Our Friends group helps the library with:
- Event Planning
- Book/Bake Sales
- Fund Raising
- Special Library Events
- Support of Library Programs and Staff
- Members of our Friends group will deliver books, movies, etc. to housebound library patrons who are unable to get to the library due to illness or injury.
- To request this service: contact the library at 772-4346 or email: [email protected]
Recent contributions to the Library include:
- Museum passes
- See Science Museum
- Strawbery Banke Museum
- Seacoast Science Center
- Portland Children’s Museum & Theatre of Maine
- Electronic Equipment
- Support for Library Programs
- Children’s Summer Reading Program Kick-off & PJ Storytime
- Teen Summer Reading Program
Become a member! Our Friends group is filled with fun people who love the library. Please consider getting involved! Even your membership helps. Annual dues start at $10 and we'd love to count you among our friends!!
Membership Renewals: We usually send out renewal notices in May of each year. If for some reason you don't get a notice, please let us know so we can be sure we have the right contact information for you.
Click the attachment below for a Friends of the Library membership application.