Logging Into & Using Your Library Account
2. The default user name is your full library card number and the default password is the last 4 digits of your library card number. Once in your account, you can click on "Change My Password" (left-side links) to set your password to something convenient for you to remember. Once you enter those and click on "Log In", you will be looking at your library record of what you have out, any holds lists you are on, etc.
3. To renew items, click on the boxes next to any items you want to renew and at the bottom of the list, click on "Renew Selected" (or "Renew All"). When an item has been renewed, the due date will be updated. If an item is not able to be renewed online, you will not have the option to renew the item. If something has exceeded it's renewal limits or if it is on loan from another library, we still may be able to renew it for you -- please call the library at (603) 772-4346 to find out.
Reasons why something would not renew online:
- The item has a reserve on it and another patron is waiting for it.
- Interlibrary Loan Item: The library needs to approve most renewals on ILL items because we need to get the permission of the lending library to extend the due date.
- Too Many Renewals: There is a renewal limit of 4 on any one item. This helps us be sure that books aren't being renewed when they are actually missing-in-action. Please call us at the library, and we should be able to do the renewal for you or give you a long enough loan period that you don't need to use up all of the renewals.
4. Other Information in Your Library Account: You can view a lot of information about your library use and you can make choices that work for you. If you have any questions about the options in your library account, please let us know. Options are listed on buttons on the left side of the screen.
- Current Checkouts - The "My Summary" view will show you everything you currently have checked out with the due dates. This is where you can renew items.
- Holds - Also on the "My Summary" view you can click on the tab "Holds" to see what waiting lists you are currently on. You can cancel a Hold if you no longer want the item.
- Your Personal Details - This view shows you what contact information the library has for you. You can make changes to this information right on this screen and submit it to us using the button at the bottom: "Submit Update Request."
- Change My Password - Here is where you can change your password. If you forget your password, we can reset it for you at the library. This will give you a temporary password to access your account so that you can choose a new one.
- My Search History - You can view a history of searches you've done in the library catalog in the past. You could re-run an old search to see if any new items had been entered for that search.
- My Reading History - This system will automatically keep a list of what you have checked out unless you choose not to keep it (see "my privacy" settings).
- My Privacy - Use this tab to choose whether to save your checkout history or whether it should not be saved. You can also delete any past history that was saved here.
- My Purchase Suggestions - If you have used the library catalog to submit any purchase suggestions you will see them here along with the status.
- My Messaging - You have the option to receive notices that a hold is ready, that items are overdue, or that your items will be due soon by email if you would like. If you want to set that up, choose the notices here and also enter your email address in the "Details" settings.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. We would also be happy to walk you through the process on one of the library computers.